Monday, June 25

Freshmen Camp








The sun accompanied the team of participants throughout the entire camp duration. Droplets of rain water only fell for less than an hour, which made the program committee worried as we did not try out the wet games plan. The night before, the committee relaxed in the dark lecture room, watching music videos. Later slept for a few hours before preparing to welcome the group of freshmen for the camp. I was the game master for the wet games - the wet soccer game (day 1), filming of  Freshmen Music Video (day 2) and Captain Sponge by the sea (day 3). I became the timer and cameraman for the activities only as I pushed the responsibility of explaining the game rules to my other partner. By the end of day 2, my skin was burning red after staying under the hot sun (in the shade of a tree) for four hours - waiting for the freshmen to prepare their performance and film them with my smartphone. This batch of freshmen put in incredible amount of effort in preparing for the performance which really surprised myself and my other program committee.