Wednesday, February 15

마지막








Finale. last day we have before we arrive home just in time to celebrate New Year with the family. That morning, we went back to Namdaemon to get preserved persimmons and also fresh strawberries. My gloves are no longer a pair now because one left the other, so my hands were freezing in the sub-zero weather. Returned back to the hotel with a bottle of Korean probiotic milk-like product, pack our bags and go.

I was indeed disappointed by the hotel's services towards us, in particular. There was no follow-up action taken when my sister complained that the room was too stuffy and hot. All they did was hand over a mechanical ventilator and never came back. That's not what I learn from my three-years of hospitality studies. In addition, wifi services are only available at the lobby. Since it is bidding period for my university modules, I had to travel down just to make full use of the service. Lastly, I appreciate their high security concerns that they even implemented a card system in the lift. As you can see, given that we sisters travelling up and down separately, the card system adds on to the inconvenience. But apart from the above major unsatisfactory matters, the interior designs and room amenities are alright.

Lug our heavy bags, and this time it's really a lot. We have more hand carried items because most souvenirs cannot get frozen at the bottom. Lunch was done at a traditional korean restaurant at Incheon Airport. We rushed to get our food down so that we can do some shopping before the flight. Even if we planned to arrive early, in the end, we are probably the last few people who boarded the flight. Such an embarrassment as we were carrying so many things. 

The return flight was another disappointment. Speaking of hygiene, I cannot believe my eyes that a chewing gum was stuck at one corner of the magazine. Secondly, the in-flight entertainment system was down especially when many passengers have made their complaints to their respective cabin crews. It took them awhile for the service to resume and I was rather impatient because there's Harry Potter movie. Thirdly, I got tired with their "variety" of in-flight snack services. It's the fourth time taking this airline, yet I'm still eating bibimbap. Is that the only Korean dish you have or was it because I'm sitting in the travel class? Fourthly, before landing, the seat before my sister's was torn and tattered. Well said, the plane is definitely old - seen to be not having thorough maintenance checks on the beauty aspect and also cleanliness aspect. To top it up, I had the worst ear block ever especially when it's nearer to the destination. It just pierce deep into your ears that you'll feel like tearing. The landing was the last surprise they gave me. I seriously will think twice before I book their tickets ever again.

I am glad that I'm back home, but I will definitely visit Seoul again for shopping.